Clubhouse Sunday: Grades 1-6
Sunday @ 9:00 a.m.: 4th- 5th grade
Sunday @ 10:30 a.m.: 1st- 3rd grade
The kids of Westwood enjoy an awesome time of worship at the CLUBHOUSE through KID’S CHURCH as they experience God through high energy music, games, skits, stories, puppets, small group activities and so much more. Every activity is designed with the kids in mind. Some activities build excitement while others help make a concept or lesson applicable. The main purpose is for each child to have a memorable experience and a desire to return next week to learn and experience more. From the moment the kids enter the Children’s Center to the time they leave, every effort is put into expressing to them, the love of Christ. There is so much to do in about an hour that it is easy to see why the CLUBHOUSE is “the place to be a kid”!
Sunday @ 9:00 a.m.: 1st - 3rd grade
Sunday @ 10:30 a.m.: 4th - 5th grade
The BIBLE is the most exciting story ever told and it is during the BIBLE HOUR that Westwood Kids learn the awesome truths from God’s Word! Every lesson is based on a Bible story and taught to the grade level of the students. The kids are encouraged to learn through Hands-On Activities, Crafts, Songs, Puzzles, Games, and more. The Gospel is center in the teachings because Jesus is center in His Church. The kids learn to accept Jesus as their Savior and to share what they have learned with their friends. Through the BIBLE HOUR, the kids at Westwood know what they believe and why they believe it.
6th graders attend MERGE, a Bible Hour class built just for them at the 9 a.m. service. MERGE is all about that transition from Elementary to Middle School. Activities are developed around the social aspect of Worship. Our desire is that each of these students will develop and live out their relationship with Jesus Christ in front of their peers. They are taught what scriptures to use and when to use them. They are taught why and how to share their faith. They are taught how to stand firm on God’s Word in an ever shifting world. At the 10:30 service time, they are invited to attend the worship service with their parents or guardian, or they can serve in the Nursery.
- When does my child move up to the next class? We have “Move-Up” Sunday the last Sunday of June. Each child will than be promoted to the grade that they will be attending at school in the fall.
- Do I have to pick up my 5th and 6th graders? We feel that 5th and 6th grade children are responsible enough to not be picked up by their parents. Unless otherwise noted, we will allow your children to be released at the end of class.
- What should I bring for my child? We ask that your child bring a Bible to each class. We also take an offering for our mission’s program each week; giving is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Why are there air hockey, carpet ball and other games in the Children’s Center? We believe that ministry builds around relationships and these activities help children build friendships with other children and leaders in their class. Also, we want to be a place in which Children can feel excited about coming to, as well as, invite their friends. We feel that these games are used as instruments to help build an atmosphere of children engaging their friends to come to church. Content of games is screened carefully.
- How can you contact me? If your child suddenly becomes ill or is injured, we will come and find you in the Worship service or in a Bible Fellowship class. If you are not on campus, you must provide a contact number where you can be reached.